Friday, September 12, 2008

Its Been and Age and Three Quarters

Let me catch you up, lightning bugs.


Summer was very nice. Still a bit of drama with Ex, but he's still getting over it. English boy and I had a lovely time in South Carolina. More in common than I thought in a sort of self-mutilating kind of way. TMI already, so moving right along. Missing him greatly (he's back in England, coming back probably in October some time) though I think he's been seeing someone. We agreed we didnt have to pass up hook up oppertunities for each other, but I feel like he was planning on seeing her when he went back, which hurts a bit. I know we're so far apart so it'd be ridiculous to wait for each other, but I thought we could at least be emotionally invested. Well, we'll see.


I'm really enjoying my french class, and I'm trying to go on my school's french trip in April.

AP World History, AP Enlgish, and AP Biology have been tough but I'm holding my head above the surface so far. I love english - we're reading a book on writing style and it is massively helpful - Writing With Style. For summer reading we also read Moral Animal by Robert Wright which I love. Its about evolutionary psychology and how it connects to the differences in men and women when it comes to sex and marriage, and about parental and sibling affection, and other good stuff like that and how it relates to natural selection. Really a great book, put in a way that anyone can understand (if they take the time to read it).


The Ex has asked someone else out I hear, which is making me a little boiling-with-jealousy. So I may have to assert my dominance one last time before letting him get over this. Maybe I can work out a friends-with-benefits deal. Maybe he'd be my friend again, I really miss him in that respect.

Since reading the writing style book for English, I've been trying to improve my writing (not right here, at this moment, this post is kind of all my thoughts, not energy for good writing at the moment) so I'll be working on it from now on.

What else what else?
Creative Writing I is another enchanting class. We're writing a Cento at the moment (taking lines from other poems and making one of your own). At first I didn't like the project, but I think I like my nearly finished product - I'll post it when it's done.


Te begining of the school year was a bit turbulent. But I think it's evening out. I like being in school (sort of). Still cant wait til I'm out of this place.


Decided I'm definitely not living in the U.S. when I get done with college.
More on this later. Too tired now.


With Love,


Zoe

No comments: