Celebrating the independence day of the country that would later become the pentacle of materialism! Woot for America!
Might I take a moment to reflect on my mother nation?
-Our president is a dumbass. Sorry republicans, there are plenty other things you can defend about your bloodsucking politics, but the president's intelligence is not one of them.
-We give help and spread democracy, even when no one's asked us to!
-We've tried to convince Africa to stop using condoms (because, naturally, they're against the will of God. Duh!) by denying them humanitarian aid. But they never learn!
-Our government is so great that they're allowed to overthrow other governments and establish dictatorships. Because we know best.
-If you're a country thralled in civil war, famine, or genocide, America will help you! (oh yeah, being bathed in oil is a requirement. sorry Darfur!)
Okay, now I sound like a cynical bitch. Which really isn't too far from what I am. But seriously, I do appreciate the country I live in where I can tell my government I am not happy with them, I can vote, I do not need to hide my face or body in public because I am a woman, I have the same rights are men, I can go to school, I do not live in fear of car bombs or terrorism on my street corner.
America is not perfect, and our citizens are not perfect either. However, we are built on an inspiring and beautiful history, and live in a vibrant and ever-changing society. I may not like everything about my government, but not only do I have the freedom to say so, I am also given the power to change it.
I may not live here forever, but America has offered hope to many. This does not overshadow it's shortcomings or errors along the way, but it does offer a balance.
Peace America, embrace freedom.
What I Read 2024
-
My brief thoughts on the books I completed (reading not writing) last year.
B Holly by Stephen King. Good detective story, that lacks the horror
eleme...
1 year ago

No comments:
Post a Comment