A little pun from that band, anyone know what I mean? I'll just laugh to myself quietly if not....
Anyway, the point - I love British Literature. I took a class of it in school last year and loved it. Jane Austen is one of my favorite authors; its so easy to sit awake at two in the morning, unable to sleep, and read about some intelligent, beautiful, strong-minded women deal with a lack of independence in a male society, confused intentions, pride, prejudice, what have you. (I made a pun again! oh my. I'm on a role).
I love Shakespeare too - Hamlet is probably my favorite so far. I know many people who are intimidated by the plays, but in fact, if you just pay attention, the depth of meaning catapults itself at you. It takes a skilled analyst to see beneath every symbol and double-meaning, but one does not need to recognized every detail Shakespeare has included, thats asking a little to much and is exhausting.
What I Read 2024
-
My brief thoughts on the books I completed (reading not writing) last year.
B Holly by Stephen King. Good detective story, that lacks the horror
eleme...
1 year ago

No comments:
Post a Comment